Meet Dr. Michael Traurig, MD, RVT, RPVI, RPhS
The area’s leading vein care expert always puts your needs FIRST.
Dr. Michael Traurig established Vein Centers for Excellence of Greenville in 2003. Over the years he has earned a reputation as a true leader in the field by combining specialized expertise with a caring attitude and a strong commitment to meeting each patients’ individual needs.
Dr. Traurig is a Diplomate of the American College of Phlebology (the field of medicine dealing with vein disorders). His practice is the first free-standing ICAVL certified vein center in South Carolina, as well as the first South Carolina vein center accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Dr. Traurig is also the winner of the Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award for 5 years running.
Dr. Traurig’s extensive training gives him the specialized skills to perform diagnostic vascular ultrasound, accurately interpret the results, and determine the treatment option that will achieve the best results for you.
He is pleased to offer non-invasive and minimally invasive solutions for varicose and/or spider veins. And he performs these revolutionary treatments without the pain, lengthy recovery time, or cost of traditional surgery, so you can enjoy attractive legs and the active life you deserve.
- Board Certified: American Board of Phlebology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Phlebology Training: Vein Center of Orlando
- Residency: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- MD: New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY; Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
- BA: Biology, Clark University, Worcester, MA
- RVT, RPVI, RPhS: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- ICAVL: Vascular Lab Certified by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- Awards: Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award 5 years running
- Member: American College of Phlebology, South Carolina Medical Association
I am an RN and had resisted treatment for my varicose veins because I thought surgery was the only way to resolve my problems. I feared the complications that could come as a result of having surgery. However, I was surprised at the fast, easy procedure with minimal discomfort and results beyond my expectations!
– Kathy F.
MD, RVT, RPVI, RPHS
call now to learn more or schedule an appointment: 864-235-9008.