Dr. Traurig Delivers Simple, Effective Solutions For Spider Veins
Spider veins are small clusters of red, blue or purple veins that are commonly found on the calves, thighs and ankles. Spider veins can be especially noticeable and unsightly when you are wearing shorts, dresses and skirts, or a bathing suit. Dr. Traurig is your trusted expert to eliminate spider veins, so you can enjoy attractive legs again.
Did you know!?
- Approximately half of the women in the U.S. suffer from spider veins.
- Symptoms of spider veins may include itching, burning and achiness in the area
- Heredity, pregnancy, prolonged standing or sitting, trauma, and hormonal changes can all contribute to spider veins
- Spider veins result from high pressure in the venous system, which forces thin walled veins to expand to several times their normal size.
- Spider veins may be associated with feeder veins or larger underlying varicose veins.
Innovative treatment eliminates spider veins with no pain and no downtime
Dr. Traurig starts by identifying the cause of your spider veins using the latest diagnostic technology. Once the source is found, he will recommend the treatment that will achieve the best results for you. Dr. Traurig recommends sclerotherapy and performs a series of 3-5 treatments per region to achieve optimum results:
- Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy (Chemical Ablation) – A tiny, ultrasound-guided needle is used to inject spider veins with a solution that collapses the veins. Dr. Traurig performs treatment in his office without anesthesia or sedation, and you can return to work and normal activities immediately.
I have no more leg pain after treatment I received from Vein Centers for Excellence of Greenville. Originally, I was under the impression that it was going to be invasive and painful, but I was surprised by the simple treatment, which brought about excellent results.
– Ruby C.
MD, RVT, RPVI, RPHS
call 864-235-9008 to learn more or schedule your appointment.