Eliminate Painful and unsightly Varicose Veins, and get back to your Active Life the next day!
Do you suffer from fatigue, heaviness, burning, throbbing, itching and/or swelling caused by varicose veins? Take hope Dr. Michael Traurig delivers the extensive experience and specialized training you need and the minimally invasive treatments you deserve to eliminate problem varicose veins. And the results are incredible.
Did you know…?
- Varicose veins affect about 30% of Americans (70% female and 30% male)
- Varicose veins are superficial veins that have become enlarged and have lost their ability to transport blood due to venous insufficiency
- 90% of blood is carried by the deep system and normal channels, so varicose veins are not contributing to your overall circulation
- Once a vein has become varicose it won’t go back to normal and must be treated
- Severe varicose veins can lead to chronic swelling, eczema symptoms, skin thickening and discoloration, and wounds won’t heal until veins are treated
Discover Dr. Traurig’s advanced solutions for varicose veins
Dr. Traurig offers several innovative solutions for varicose veins right here in his office. They are performed using local anesthesia, and cause little to no discomfort or recovery time. Your treatment options include:
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) using the CoolTouchLaser System A laser fiber is inserted into the vein through a small incision and heats the inside of the vein to seal it shut. EVLA usually takes 45 minutes. The treatment is very comfortable and relieves symptoms quickly with no downtime and minimal, if any, scarring.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy Extracts bulging varicose veins through tiny incisions that usually heal completely without any scarring. The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes and requires little to no time off work.
- Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy (Chemical Ablation) Treats varicose veins that are below the skin’s surface. Medication is injected into the diseased veins using an ultrasound to accurately guide placement. No anesthesia or sedation is needed, and you can return to work immediately.
- Conservative Therapy Prescription strength compression stockings help reduce the symptoms caused by varicose veins but do not treat the underlying problem. Stockings must be worn daily and indefinitely. Most insurance companies now require a trial period of compression stocking wear before they will cover the cost of other treatments for varicose veins.
I thought that the vein treatment would be painful and the larger veins would require surgery, but Dr. Traurig’s techniques with the EVLT and his experience were amazing! He and his staff were very professional and caring. I am extremely happy and will continue coming back in order to maintain my legs.
-Mary L., Age 64
MD, RVT, RPVI, RPHS
call now to learn more or schedule an appointment: 864-235-9008.